Especially in the 21st century, the concept of keeping a healthy body and a perfect figure is more and more respected by people. As we all know, regular exercise is the best secret to help maintain a healthy body and a perfect figure. However, as the work becomes busier and busier, most of us may not have extra time to go to commercial gyms for fitness after work. So instead, home gyms are becoming more and more popular. If you have already created a comfortable home gym in your home using the available space, you may consider adding a good piece of fitness equipment for your home gym next. If you are looking for a small but effective piece of exercise equipment, I think the sit up machine is your ideal choice. As long as you use it, you can get the toned figure and six-pack abdominal muscles that you dream of.
Although the abdominal bench may not have received much attention from newbies in the gym, this is one of the most effective equipment to shape your body. The sit-up bench has many benefits, such as helping you burn fat, get in shape and improve abdominal strength. But the best thing about it is that it allows you to do high-quality abdominal exercise to help you exercise your abdominal muscles and stabilize your whole core. Nowadays, although many people use the abdominal bench for abdominal exercise, there are still a large number of people who can't get the best exercise results from it because they don't master some tips. If you are one of them, please read on. In the following article, I will share with you some useful tips to help you use the abdominal bench more effectively for abdominal exercise.
1. Consult your doctor For people who suffer from lower back, spine, or neck problems such as a hernia, I don't recommend you to use the abdominal bench for abdominal exercise. If your back hurts, be sure to consult your doctor before using the abdominal bench. However, low back pain may come from weak core muscles, so beginners should start with easier abdominal exercise. You can also place your hands on your chest instead of behind your head.
2. Don’t sit up all the way It seems to be logical to come all the way up at the end of your abdominal exercise to reach the maximum contraction. But in fact, after a point, a little bit before 90 degrees, your abdominal muscles are not engaged. In addition, when you do abdominal exercise on the sit-up bench, going over a certain position is harmful to your lower back. Go up until you feel your abdominal muscles working and lower yourself slowly back to the starting position. At the top, you can stop for a moment and hold the position for an even better contraction.
3. Focus on muscle contraction When you do abdominal exercise on the incline sit up bench, remember not use the momentum or the power of your legs to lift yourself, but to use abdominal muscles. The best is if you do move slowly. This way, it will be easier to concentrate on muscles contraction. It is useless if you sit up like a mad without control, plus it may hurt your back.
4. Twist your body The traditional bench sit-ups mainly work your lower and upper abs. However, by turning your body on the sides (Russian twist) on the abdominal bench, you can focus on your oblique muscles as well. Those are the “side” muscles that are responsible for the V-cut midsection.
5. Adjust the level Generally speaking, an abdominal bench has three adjustable resistance levels. By changing its level to a higher level, you can make your abdominal exercise more challenging. In this way, you can make your abdominal muscles stronger. Also, it grows the size of the rectus abdominis to help you get a six-pack. If you are at a high fitness level, you can also do weight-bearing sit-ups on the sit up machine by putting a weight plate or dumbbell on your chest with your hands. Increasing the intensity and difficulty of exercise by adding some weight can help you do abdominal exercise more effectively.
6. Try various exercises The abdominal bench provides a lot of possibilities to train your abdomen. You can do exercises such as tightening, leg raises, push-ups, sit-ups and Russian twist on it. In this way, you can exercise your abdominal muscles from different angles to get better and more effective exercise results.
As you can see, I have shared six tips for you to use a sit-up bench more effectively for abdominal exercise in this article, hoping to help you.